If This is True, It Might Explain the Trump Leaks
Into the wiretap claims revolving around Trump Towers and President Donald Trump, there emerges a story of the FBI, Trump Tower servers, and the FISA Court. What was the FBI doing monitoring the Trump Tower servers, and why did they continue it over such a long period of time? Who was receiving the summaries of the monitoring? What did the Obama admin know and when did they know it? Read more.
As Written By DAILYMAIL.COM REPORTER:
- Trump has accused Obama of wire tapping his phones at Trump Tower on Twitter
- The president tweeted that Obama had been spying on him in October
- He claims the phones in Trump Tower were ‘tapped’ before his election victory
- But Obama’s spokesman, Kevin Lewis, said those claims were ‘simply false’
- Lewis released a statement Saturday saying ‘neither President Obama nor any White House official ever ordered surveillance on any U.S. citizen’
- Ben Rhodes, the former policy advisor for Obama, also blasted Trump’s claims
- He responded to Trump in a tweet that said ‘no president can order a wiretap’
- Former Mexican President Vicente Fox also slammed Trump saying he was a ‘so-called president’ for calling Obama a ‘bad and sick guy’
- A former senior intelligence official said ‘it’s highly unlikely there was a wiretap’
- According to official, wiretap can’t be directed at US facility, without probable cause the phone lines were being used by agents of a foreign power
The Obama administration has denied President Donald Trump’s claims that Barack Obama wire-tapped his phones at Trump Tower before the presidential election last November.
Obama’s spokesman Kevin Lewis released a statement Saturday afternoon refuting Trump’s wire-tapping claims.
‘A cardinal rule of the Obama administration was that no White House official ever interfered with any independent investigation led by the Department of Justice,’ Lewis wrote.
‘As part of that practice, neither President Obama nor any White House official ever ordered surveillance on any U.S. citizen. Any suggestion otherwise is simply false.’
Lewis’ statement comes shortly after Trump fired off a flurry of tweets early Saturday morning claiming that the former president had been spying on him in October, a month before his election victory.
‘Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my ‘wires tapped’ in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!’ the…..
THERE IS MORE KEEP READING: