Stimulus and bailouts should be outlawed.
Check it out:
Today marks the five-year anniversary of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Commonly known as the stimulus, the nearly $1 trillion law was hailed as an opportunity to bring America into the “21st century.”
Just two years after the bill was signed into law, President Barack Obama admitted, “shovel-ready was not as shovel-ready as we expected.” While the law failed to create jobs as promised, it has provided plenty of examples of waste, fraud, and abuse.
10) $1.3 Million for Stimulus Highway Signs
9) $152K to Get Lesbians Ready for ‘Adoptive Parenthood’
8) $600,000 to Plant Trees in Wealthy Neighborhoods
7) $384,949 Study of Duck Penises
6) $1.2 Million Study of Erectile Dysfunction in Overweight Men
5) $100,000 Anti-Capitalist Puppet Shows
4) $389,357 for College Students to Keep a Diary of Their Marijuana and Malt Liquor Use
3) $3.4 Million Turtle Tunnel
2) $8,408 Study to See if Mice Get Drunk
1) $535 Million on Solyndra