White House dumps Donald Trump tour offer

121115_trump_reu_605

White House senior adviser Dan Pfeiffer says that President Barack Obama’s administration will not accept Donald Trump’s offer to fund the White House tours program.

“The Donald Trump option is not an option — what we have to do is deal with the sequester,” Pfeiffer said on CNN on Tuesday.

Earlier this week, Donald Trump said he would be willing to pay for the White House tours, which are run by the U.S. Secret Service and were nixed because of sequestration — the automatic $1.2 trillion cuts in federal spending over a decade that started March 1.

GET MORE STORIES LIKE THIS

IN YOUR INBOX!

Sign up for our daily email and get the stories everyone is talking about.

Email

Previous post

Miss Israel to dine with Obama

Next post

The Homeless Man Who Went Mad

Join the conversation!

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.